As a Youth Minister and Church Planter, we read a lot. There are a lot good book out there, but some stick with you and become more like friends. Kyle Sapp (Youth Minister) and Chris Morton (Church Planter) list the books that have had the most effect on their ministry.
- The Great Psychedelic Armadillo Picnic: A “Walk” in Austin by Kinky Friedman
- Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller
- The Road Less Traveled, Timeless Edition: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth
- The Peaceable Kingdom: A Primer In Christian Ethics by Stanley Hauerwas
- The Divine Conspiracy: Rediscovering Our Hidden Life In God by Dallas Willard
- Adam: God’s Beloved by Henri Nouwen
- Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church by N.T. Wright
- Unpacking Scriptures in Youth Ministry by Andrew Root
- Hurt: Inside the World of Today’s Teenagers by Chap Clark
- Almost Christian: What the Faith of Our Teenagers is Telling the American Church by Kenda Creasy Dean
If you appreciate this podcast, please take a moment to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review. It helps a lot!